I woke up like this...
Look like you got eight hours of sleep with a little drop of this brightening, lightweight, honey, royal jelly, coffee and sea buckthorn rich eye cream! It doubles as a hilighter, so apply a tiny drop on the orbital bone around the eyes using your ring finger, for a huge glow!
Kavana's Phyto-5 Luminous Eye Cream is powered by Phyto 5, a blend of five plant oils including rosehip, calendula, comfrey, plantain and echinacea. It also includes:
- honey, a natural humectant and apitherapeutic agent in wound healing due to it's ability to prevent bacterial biofilm penetration, ability to lower pH strengthening the skin's acid's mantle, reducing pain and inflammation, promoting fibroblast migration and keratinocyte closure, promoting collagen deposition, a potential role in tissue reengineering and regeneration. (source)
- royal jelly is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, anti-allergic, antioxidant, toning, moisturizing, and antiaging. (source) Royal jelly is famous for it’s strong antibacterial activity and it's ability to affect the production of collagen. (source) Royal jelly is highly moisturizing, and affects hydration of the stratum corneum by retaining water in it. In consequence, the skin become more elastic and better moisturized. (source)
- propolis also known as 'bee glue' is a resinous, antifungal and anti bacterial material bees produce to seal the hive and or embalm invasive predators, after they've stung them to death. For human skin, Propolis is not only antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, but also increases cicatrization and reduces pain. (source) Chrysin, which is a flavonoid, provides an analgesic effect, while caffeic acid, coumaric acid, and ferulic acid, help protect from ultraviolet radiation (UVA light) through absorbption. (source) Skin care with propolis is helpful against fungal problems of the skin due to the presence of flavonoids (pinocembrin and pinobanksin), phenolic acids (caffeic acid) and terpenes. Propolis smoothes out wrinkles and has antiaging properties. A huge role is played here by antioxidants such as phenolic compounds and flavonoids which neutralize an unfavorable effect of free radicals on the skin. Bee glue lightens and smoothens the skin, reduces signs of fatigue and moisturizes it. (source)
- coffee or more specifically caffeine, the purine alkaloid in coffee, helps protect skin from oxidative stress. (source). It exhibits anti inflammatory, vaso-dilator properties, which may help reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles around the eye area. (source).
- aloe-vera gel, used by African Queens Cleopatra and Nefrititi and called the 'plant of immortality' by the Ancient Egyptians and considered as a universal panacea by the Greek scientists, aloe has been used for medicinal purposes since Ancient times. Aloe vera contains 75 potentially active constituents: vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids and amino acids which may contribute to it's beneficial effects on the skin. (source, source2)
- sea-buckthorn seed oil. Valuable substances (over 200) contained in sea-buckthorn oil play an important role in the proper functioning of the human body and may help give skin a bright, beautiful and healthy appearance. (source) Phospholipids and glycolipids in sea buckthorn oil, exhibit skin moisturizing properties and soften the epidermis, improve elasticity of the skin, reduce inflammation of the skin, accelerate skin regeneration and cell renewal. (source) Vitamins and minerals and essential fatty acids (omegas 3,6,7, and 9) all play an important role in the protection and regeneration of the skin.(source)
- macerated carrot root in sunflower oil is Loaded with Beta Carotene, a precursor to vitamin A (source).
- Marshmallow root in Sunflower oil: Tolerable for allergenic and hypersensitive skin, this cooling, plant-derived glycerin-like extract, has low-concentrations of ceramide precursors, which may help repair the skin barrier. (source)
- meadowfoam seed oil, a light oil with many benefits, Meadowfoam seed oil acts as an emollient when applied to your hair or skin, according to a 2017 study (source). Emollients are substances that create a protective seal over your skin to lock in moisture. (source)
- panthenol also known as 'Vitamin B5' along with Vitamin E, may exhibit skin softening properties.
- signature lilac mica, imparts a soft focus hilight illuminating the eye contour and may help lessen the appearance of dark circles. Mixed with Sea Buckthorn seed oil and carrot root macerated in Sunflower oil which are both bright orange, it visually attenuates the appearance of dark-circles thanks to the pastel yellow tone created by blending these all together.
SKIN TYPE: All skin types. Recommended for those who want to illuminate and hydrate the delicate eye contour and prep a perfect glowing canvas on which to apply concealer.
GLUTEN-FREE | NON-TOXIC | CRUELTY-FREE | NON-NANO | GMO FREE *
This product is NOT VEGAN.
Handmade in Toronto, Canada with non-toxic, premium ingredients, locally wildcrafted Ontario beeswax, honey and propolis.
Volume: 15gr/ .5 fl.oz.
Packaged in a BPA-free, airtight, leak-proof, recyclable, airless, reusable and refillable dispenser, made of acrylonitrile styrene with an aluminum and polypropylene lined cap and dispenser pump.
How to Use
HOW TO USE: Gently tap over bones with ring finger or a cool jade roller, all around eye area to help depuff and smooth eyes, morning and night, after cleansing and before moisturizing and makeup application. Imparts a soft and subtle lilac glow to help combat dullness. Try this non-toxic, honey and coffee powered eye-cream to give your eyes a soft glow on 'no-makeup-makeup' days.
USE IT WITH: Kavana Phyto-5 Calming Cleansing Milk, Kavana Phyto-5 Purifying Cream Cleanser Kavana Rose Glow Mist, Kavana Face Nectar, Kavana Phyto 5 Face Cream.
Phyto-5 complexe, coffee and treasures from the hive, power this eye cream, giving a pillowy bounce to a lightweight, yet richly nourishing eye cream.
PHYTO-5 complexe is a blend of extracts from five plants known to exhibit healing properties and that have been used for millennia to help with skin healing and protection. Wildcrafted in Ontario, Canada*, these plants benefit the skin most by acting in concert, which may help reduce trans-epidermal water loss, boost collagen, potentially calm inflammation and deeply nourish the skin.
*except rosehip seed oil from Chile.
Coffee: Coffee may help treat stubborn dark circles under the eyes, because the caffeine content in coffee is thought to help dilate blood vessels that contribute to dark circles. Known to exhibit anti-inflammatory effects that may be attributed to chorogenic acid (CGA) found in coffee, which may help reduce the appearance of inflammation and 'puffiness'.
Honey(Mel): A natural humectant, honey draws moisture from the surrounding air. When used in skin products, it may help to absorb water into the skin for long lasting hydration. This may help to moisturize the skin and gives it a smooth and soft feeling for hours. Honey may also encourage cell growth and regeneration, which may aids in skin recovery and eventually aid in reducing the appearances of scars. (source)
Royal Jelly: When it is fresh, royal jelly is about 60-70% water! It's other primary components are major proteins: amino acids, including all the amino acids that are essential for human nutrition; sugars, mostly fructose and glucose lipids; minerals and vitamins. (source)
Royal jelly's fats, suspended as a natural emulsion, are known to exhibit moisturizing properties, which may protect skin from dehydration and may help reduce inflammation. Amino acids are a component of collagen, which keeps the skin soft and supple improves the appearance of wrinkles and boosts elasticity and firmness, normalizing the fat secretions of skin glands to reduce oiliness. Royal jelly also has antibiotic and fungicidal properties. (source)
Royal jelly was seen as a symbol of power for the Pharaohs of Egypt. Cleopatra, saw it as an important part of her beauty regimen, including both on her skin and as a consumable. Like propolis, royal jelly has been used for millennia as a medicine and cosmetic, providing an antimicrobial shield that is nourishing and complete.
A recent study showed that 10-HDA, a fatty acid that is only found in royal jelly can treat skin and can increase moisture in the skin by 60% and prompt the growth of new skin cells, vital for aging gracefully, because as we age, our skin produces less new skin cells. This amazing fatty acid has also been shown to cause the cells to increase in volume significantly.
Propolis: Throughout history, propolis has been used for medicine and for cosmetics, due to its moisturizing and powerful anti-microbial effects on the skin. Propolis is made by bees to protect their hive. Mixing tree resin with beeswax flakes and their saliva, they use it to keep the hive clean and free of bacteria, stinging invaders to death and embalming them with propolis, so they don't infect the hive. Winning! (source)
When used topically by humans, these anti-bacterial properties help keep skin irritations and blemish causing bacteria, at bay. Antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino-acids present in propolis provide skin with important nutrients it needs while also helping stimulate blood flow, which can help reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness around the delicate eye area, while boosting the immune system. (source)
Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis): (Althaea officinalis): Marshmallow root has a long history in food and folk medicine that dates back to ancient Greek and Egyptian times, even mentioned in Homer's Illiad, written 2800 years ago. The name 'Altha' from the Greek, it's meaning is 'to cure' or variously 'healer'. (source)
This curative, “slippery” herb's roots and stem, secrete mucilage, which may help provide relief from inflammation, pruritis (itching), redness and chafing by coating and softening skin. It may also help lower swelling due to it's emollient properties (source, source 2). Tolerable for even allergenic and hypersensitive skin, this cooling, plant-derived glycerin-like extract, has low-concentrations of ceramide precursors, which may help repair the skin barrier. (source)
Macerated carrot root in sunflower oil, (Daucus carota) macerated carrot root in sunflower oil contributes to the pale yellow colour of this eye cream. Loaded with Beta Carotene, a precursor to vitamin A (source), which can help strengthen weak hair and promote healthy skin, carrot oil can help eliminate breakage and prevent dryness, nourishing and conditioning hair and skin deeply.
Panthenol (Vitamin B5): Panthenol/ Vitamin B5: This ingredient is a natural form of Vitamin B5 (aka pantothenic acid) and can be found in plants and honey! It acts as a humectant and emollient, that helps attract and hold moisture, leaving skin noticeably softer and smoother.
Meadowfoam (Limanthes alba) seed oil: Meadowfoam is a small, herbaceous winter-spring annual, whose tiny white flowers, when in bloom, resemble white foam covering the soil. A rich waxy oil, expressed from the tiny seeds of Limanthes alba, this oil contains over 98%, long chain, fatty acids and is packed with anti-oxidant rich tocopherols. It is wonderfully rich and rejuvenating, yet has a dry-touch feel to it, which may give a plumping glow to the skin, without a heavy skin feel. It may support skin's elasticity, helping in the prevention of the formation of fine-lines and wrinkles, making it a perfect partner for maturing skin.
Vitamin E (mixed Tocopherols, non-GMO): Vitamin E is a fat-soluble, essential nutrient with anti-inflammatory properties. In 1936, it was biochemically characterized and named tocopherol (Greek: “tocos” meaning offspring and “phero” meaning to bring forth). Vitamin E helps support the immune system, cell function and skin health. It's a powerful anti-oxidant, making it effective at combatting the effects of free radicals produced by the metabolism of food and toxins in the environment.
Aqua (water), Orange blossom hydrosol, Coffea arabica (coffee), Helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Emulsimulse (vegan wax: Glyceryl Searate (and) Ceteary Alcohol (and) Sodium Stearoy Lactylate), Mica, Calendula officinalis, Plantago major (plantain), Symphytum officinale (comfrey), Echinacea purpurea, Rosa canina, Mel (local, Ontario honey), Hippophae rhamnoides seed (seabuckthorn) oil, Royal jelly, Althaea officinale (marshmallow root), Daucus carota (carrot), Panthenol (Vit. B5), Geogard ECT (natural preservative: Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, and Sorbic Acid) Propolis, Meadowfoam seed oil, Vitamin E, certified pure, therapeutic grade essential oils.
WHAT IT'S FORMULATED WITHOUT: The 'Mean 15' , petroleum and petroleum by-products, talc, Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, coconut oil, palm oil, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban, synthetic colourants and synthetic fragrances.