Prone to breakouts? Experience sensitive, combination and/ or oily skin? Using toxic, over the counter treatments that are ineffective and can leave your skin feeling raw and stripped?
Experience Kavana's Phyto-5 Nourishing Niaouli Face Nectar, a blend of premium carrier oils and over 9 essential oils, that have been known to exhibit nourishing and protective properties for the skin.
Plant powered by:
- Phyto 5, Kavana's signature healing blend of five plant oils including calendula, comfrey, echinacea, plantain, rosehip seed oil, macerated in sunflower seed oil.
- Moringa seed oil rich in Vitamins B & C, conditions and softly exfoliates, driving away dead skin cells and helping minimize the appearance of blemishes.(source).
- Borage oil helps reduce inflammation (size and redness) of acne and enhances water retention, keeping skin supple and hydrated. (source)
- Apricot kernel oil, light, fast absorbing, reduces inflammation on contact. Rich in softening Vitamin E and omegas 6 & 9. (source)
- Sesame (unrefined, raw, scent free) exhibits strong anti bacterial properties. Rich in Vitamins E, B & D and phytochemical compounds in sesame seed such as sesamin, sesamol, and anthrasesamone F, have been proved to have in vitro/in vivo antioxidant and antiaging activity. (Source) Strong anti-oxidant action and inhibition of cellular tyrosinase, point to sesame oil's potential as a skin brightening cosmeceutical. (Source1, Source 2)
- Sea Buckthorn high in Vitamins B, C & E, Omega's 3,6,7 and 9, a powerful anti-inflammatory, helping calm inflamed and/ reddened, acne prone skin. source)
- Essential oil blend of 9 essential oils, including Niaouli (Melaleuca quinquenervia), may help control impurities and excess oil, while offering a pleasant, spa-like scent. This blend is also found in Kavana's Foaming Face Polish.
This all natural, non-toxic, vegan, face nectar is especially useful during transitional months/ seasons, when weather goes from warm and humid to colder and excessively dry and vice versa.
SKIN TYPE: Dry, combination, oily, acne prone.
GLUTEN-FREE | NON-TOXIC | CRUELTY-FREE | VEGAN | NON-NANO | GMO FREE
Handmade in Toronto, Canada with non-toxic, premium ingredients. Help minimize plastic pollution by choosing Kavana's elegant, easily cleaned and reusable/ recyclable frosted glass and aluminum options.
Volume: 30ml/ 1floz.
This nectar is packaged in a refillable, recyclable, clear, frosted glass bottle with a silver, pump top and elegant glass dropper, so you can use just what you need and waste less.
How to Use
HOW TO USE: For best results, massage 2-3 drops over clean skin, avoiding eye area. Apply to palms and press into the skin of the face, neck and decolletage, with a dynamic upwards motion. Can be massaged into skin with Kavana's activated Foaming Face Polish, for deep absorption into the skin, enhanced micro-circulation and an overall glow.
The 'green', spa-like scent is a retreat for the senses and can be combined with Kavana Rose Glow Mist for optimal hydration in cold and dry weather conditions. Applied before bed at night, after cleansing and followed with Kavana Face Cream and Kavana Luminous Eye Cream for purifying hydration. For topical use only. Keep out of reach of children.
USE IT WITH: Kavana Phyto 5 Calming Cleansing Milk, Kavana Foaming Face Polish, Kavana Phyto 5 Purifying Cream Cleanser, Kavana Rose Glow Mist, Kavana Phyto 5 Face Cream, Kavana Phyto-5 Luminous Eye Cream.
PHYTO-5 Complexe is at the core of this face nectar. Giving skin a boost, this quick absorbing face oil may soothe as it purifies, thanks to a special blend of oils that have been known to exhibit hydrating and anti inflammatory properties, along with Niaouli quinquenervia (a species of tea tree), blended with 8 other essential oils.
Moringa oleifeira seed oil: Often called the tree of life, Moringa is also known as 'The Tree of Life', since all parts of it- the bark, the leaves and seeds have therapeutic properties.
Treasured above all, the oil has long been used across India and the African continents to support acne and dry skin conditions, respectively. (source) Rich in vitamins B and C, this oil is known to nourish, condition, and exfoliate the skin, thereby helping to minimize the appearance of blemishes and enhance the complexion’s radiance as it matures.(source)
is associated with healing properties demonstrated in its use as treatment of acute and chronic skin diseases. (source) It can help encourage and support cell turnover and has exhibited effectiveness as a treatment for skin diseases that rely on keratinocyte hyperproliferation in cases of acute inflammation. (source).
Borage seed oil (Borago officinalis): Contains the highest amount of GLA (Gamma linoleic fatty acids - an OMEGA -6 fatty acid) of any plant oil. (source) It is exceptional for many skin ailments, for maturing and sun damaged skin as well as atopic dermatitis. (source) Borage oil helps reduce inflammation (size and redness) of acne and dissolves sebum, while also improving water retention in dry skin, making skin supple and hydrated. (source)
Sea Buckthorn Seed oil (Hippophae rhamnoides seed oil): Possibly one of the most valuable natural products in the world, Sea buckthorn seed oil has over 200 ingredients which ensure that the oil has a multi directional effect. (source). It is packed with 12 times more Vitamin C than an orange, omegas 3,6, 7 and 9, more Vitamin E (d- alpha tocopherol) than any other plant based oil source)
Beta carotene along with other nutrients and phyto-nutrients in Sea buckthorn seed oil, may help to guard skin against free-radical damage. (source) Because inside the skin the gamma-linolenic acid in Sea Buckthorn is converted to prostaglandins, sea-buckthorn oil protects against infections, prevents allergies, eliminates inflammation and inhibits the aging process. (source)
Apricot kernel oil (Prunus Armeniaca) : Light in texture but rich in Vitamin E, OMEGAS- 6 (oleic) & OMEGA 9 (linoleic) fatty acids, apricot oil is a fast absorbing and brilliant emollient, quickly penetrating and moisturizing skin. It’s anti-inflammatory properties have been shown to reduce inflammation on contact. (source) Indicated as supportive for sensitive skin.
Sesame oil (unrefined Sesamum Indicum): Rich in fatty acids (EFA’s) like linoleic acid and palmitic acids, it is the linoleic acid that may add to sesame oil's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also rich in minerals like copper, manganese, calcium and magnesium and antioxidants, which may aid with ease of absorption into the skin, nourishing it from deep inside and promoting skin softness. Sesame oil is found to have anti-oxidants like vitamin E, B-complex(such as niacin) and D in very high amounts, promoting softness and suppleness.Source1, Source 2)
Purifying, essential oil blend: A blend of essential oils, including Niaouli (Melaleuca Quinquenervia), which is part of the ti-tri family. It's properties help purify the skin, reduce oiliness and help prevent acne, support blemish healing and tighter skin.
Stimulating cellular turnover and growth, Niaouli also promotes healing and is your best ally in reducing the appearance of scars and regenerating scar tissue. Accompanied by 8 other essential oils, including precious Rosa damascena, this blend helps protect and heal dry, combination and oily- acne prone skin.
Phyto-5 complexe is a blend of extracts from five plants known to exhibit healing properties and that have been used for millennia to help with skin healing and protection. Wildcrafted in Ontario, Canada*, these plants benefit the skin most by acting in concert, which may help reduce trans-epidermal water loss, boost collagen, potentially calm inflammation and deeply nourish the skin.
*With the exception of rosehip seed oil from Chile
1.Rosehip (Rosa canina) seed oil is rich in both polyphenols and anthocyanins, which may help reduce inflammation. (source) It also contains vitamin E, an antioxidant known for an anti-inflammatory effect that may help ease muscle and join pain. (source)
2.Plantain (Plantago major), in particular, plantain leaves, contain several anti-inflammatory compounds, including flavonoids, terpenoids, glycosides, and tannins, antioxidant, analgesic, immune-modulatory, anti-ulceration, and weak antibiotic activities, which may decrease several markers of inflammation.(source)
3.Comfrey (Symphytum officinale), was once commonly called "Knitbone" because of its amazing ability to heal broken bones and “knit” them back together again. The botanical name, 'Symphytum', means “to unite.” It been used as a traditional medicinal plant for the treatment of painful muscle and joints complaints for centuries. (source) It's analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, along with it's ability to stimulate granulation and tissue regeneration, are thanks to a cell proliferant compound called 'allantoin', which is found in the leaves and roots. (source) Rosmarinic acid and glycopeptides found in the roots have also been shown to possess anti-inflammatory activity, making comfrey an essential ingredient in this muscle balm. (source)
4. Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea). Derived from the Greek word for hedgehog 'echinos' because it's prickly scales and cone shaped seed head resemble a hedgehog, echinacea's anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties have been appreciated since ancient times. (source) Thanks to a multitude of acids (Chicoric, caffeic, chlorogenic and caftaric) and it's high anti-oxidant content and polyphenolic compounds, echinacea has been show to exhibit properties that may support joint health in the face of free radical-induced stressors. (source)
5. Calendula (Calendula officinalis) Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of calendula may be related to the content of flavonoids and tri-terpene derivatives found in it's flowers.(source) Extracts of this beautiful orange-yellow flower are often indicated as a classic, gentle muscle relief, for those frequently performing strenuous exercise.
Helianthus annuus oil, Rosa canina, Calendula officinalis, Symphytum officinalis, Plantago major, Echinacea purpurea, Persea armeniaca seed oil, Moringa olifeira seed oil, Borago officinalis oil, Persea americana seed oil, Sesamum indicum, Hippophae rhammnoides seed oil, Tocopherols (Vit. E), signature blend of certified pure, therapeutic grade essential oils.
WHAT IT'S FORMULATED WITHOUT: The "Mean 15', petroleum and petroleum by products, lanolin, coconut oil, talc, synthetic colourants, synthetic fragrance, parabens, pthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, 100% aluminum-free, propylene glycol, Sulfates SLS and SLES, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarbon.
WHAT IT'S NOT PACKAGED IN: Another plastic tube! Almost 100% plastic packaging free! Help us green as we grow and recycle and re-use the glass bottle and dropper of your