Kavana's NEW! Phyto-5 Blue Moon Rich Night Cream, is formulated to help replenish dry skin with deep moisture. Rest easy, knowing this subtly sensuous Cocoa scented night cream, has a velvety finish that will stay on your skin and not your pillow!
Powered by Kavana's signature Phyto-5 blend of five plant oils- Calendula, Comfrey, Echinacea, Plantain and Rosehip seed oil, macerated in Sunflower seed oil it also stars:
- Blue Butterfly Pea flower (Clitoria ternatea) extract has bioactive compounds that help boost collagen and elastin production, soothe inflammation on contact and helps brighten skin. Give this cream it's stunning blue hue.
- Blue Cornflower extract (Centaura cyanus) this flower has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. Bioactive compounds include phenolic acid derivatives (chlorogenic, p-coumaric, caffeic, and syringic acids), 12 non-anthocyanin flavonoids (mostly apigenin derivatives, but also quercetin, kaempferol, eriodictyol and taxifolin derivatives), and 4 anthocyanins (cyanidin derivatives) Source
- Hyaluronic acid (Sodium hyaluronate mixed molecular weight) a powerful humectant that draws moisture into the skin, giving the complexion a plump, luminous and glowing appearance. It can also make skin flexible, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid is also proven to help wounds heal faster and can help reduce scarring.
- Immortelle (Helichrysum italicum) essential oil, a powerful anti oxidant that protects the skin’s collagen and elastin, it is also anti microbial, which means, it helps wipe out microbes that harm the skin. It has tissue remodeling effects to fade blemishes, which support healthy skin aging by helping our skin tissues recover fast from damage!
- Cacao absolute a heavenly scented antioxidant rich ingredient, contains other skin loving bioactive compounds including Omega 6 fatty acids, Vitamin C and Magnesium, which enable it to have moisturizing functions that support the skin. It can help boost collagen production and protect the skin from environmental damage and rapid aging.
- Silk peptides support a healthy barrier on the skin, protecting the skin from damage and dehydration. (source 1, source)
- Allantoin and panthenol (Vitamin B5) active humectants that help draw moisture into the skin.
- Mango and Shea butters Rich in Vitamins A, C and E, which may help protect the skin from sun damage and blue light from screens, while stimulating collagen production. When applied topically, mango butter can form a protective layer that may help moisturize the skin. (source1, source 2)
- Aloe Vera Juice A natural astringent rich in Vitamin C that can help reduce the appearance of large pores, while soothing, cooling and calming skin.
SKINCARE TIP: Add a few drops of your Phyto-5 Cocoa Nectar to your cream before applying it for an extra silky, soft application. Simply warm these up together by emulsifying in the palms of hands, pat onto the skin of face, neck and decolletage at night to protect and hydrate your skin from the elements.
Exclusively available in 30ml/1 fl.oz. travel size.
SKIN TYPE: Ideal for dry, mature, redness and rosacea prone, dehydrated and acne prone, sensitive skin.
GLUTEN-FREE | NON-TOXIC| CRUELTY-FREE | VEGAN | NON-NANO | GMO FREE
DETAILS: Handmade in Toronto, Canada with non-toxic, premium ingredients. Help minimize plastic pollution by choosing Kavana's elegant, easily cleaned and reusable/ recyclable frosted glass and aluminum options.
Volume: Small travel size: 30gr/ 1oz.
This cream is packaged in airtight, leak-proof, refillable, clear, frosted glass jars that preserve the freshness of our creams. A recyclable, brushed aluminum, matte silver cap help preserve product freshness.
HOW TO USE: Warm a dime-sized amount in the palms of your hands and gently press this silky cream into clean skin of face and neck and decolletage with a dynamic upwards motion, for a velvet matte finish that won't stain your pillow.
Pair with a drop of your favourite Kavana Phyto-5 Face Cacao Imortelle Rich Nectar, to seal moisture in the skin and for a dewy finish if you have more time to let it sink in before bed.
This non-toxic product can be used nightly, for skin that feels soft and supple to the touch. Perfect for ski trips, consider it as an additional, cozy layer of moisture for your skin.
Aging gracefully with radiant skin has never been easier! This product contains silk peptides, so is not considered vegan.
Silk peptides: Hydrolized silk peptides contain large amounts of hydroxyl amino-acids which are known for their important role in regulating moisture content of the skin and water binding process. Serine in silk, helps form a protective barrier on the skin and lends it's characteristic silk-like texture to this facial cream. (source)
Silk-containing products are known for their ability to support a healthy barrier on the skin, protecting the skin from damage and dehydration. However, this benefit should be attributed to the silk proteins, sericin and fibroin rather than the amino acids. (source 1, source)
Allantoin: Allantoin is widely considered to be a versatile, safe, and effective skin care ingredient with many different benefits that may include smoothing, softening, and healing of skin, promoting the shedding of outer layers of the epidermis, cellular replication and healthy tissue growth. (source) Most famously derived from comfrey's root mucilage, this emollient , which is also endogenous to the human body, can also be chemically synthesized. (source)
Panthenol/ Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): Panthenol/ Vitamin B5: This ingredient is a natural form of Vitamin B5 (aka pantothenic acid) and can be found in plants and honey. It acts as a humectant and emollient, that helps attract and hold moisture, and is known to exhibit anti-microbial properties, help counteract bacteria and attract and hold moisture in skin, which may help skin appear softer and smoother. (source)
Unrefined Mango seed butter (Mangifera Indica): Known to exhibit anti-inflammatory, regenerative, protective, softening, soothing and moisturizing properties, this non-greasy feeling, antioxidant rich, lightweight butter contains essential fatty acids and vitamins A,C, and E, which can make it a wonderful choice for dry and mature skin. (source) Used topically, mango butter’s long lasting emollience may nourish skin, boost elasticity and suppleness. (source) It may be instrumental in helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark spots, and help tighten skin for a firmer appearance. (source)
Its high vitamin content protects skin against harsh environmental stressors and damages caused by overexposure to harmful UV radiation which may make it excellent for cold, weather conditions.(source) The myriad benefits of this rich and nourishing, lightweight butter may be beneficial to those with eczema and psoriasis.
*except rosehip seed oil from Chile.
INGREDIENTS: Aqua (water), Aloe barabadensis, Botyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, Glyceryl stearate, Ceterayl alcohol, Sodium stearyl lactylate, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Phyto-5 Complexe (blend of Calendula officinalis, Symphytum (Comfrey) officianalis, Echinacea purpurea, Plantago major, Rosa canina), vegetable Glycerin, Mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, Sodium hyaluronate, Coffea arabica, Cetyl alcohol, Allantoin, Centaurea cyanus (blue cornflower) extract, Propanediol, Geogard ECT (Benzl alcohol, Salicylic acid, Glycerin and Sorbic acid), Phenoxyethanol, Clitoria ternatea (Blue Butterfly Pea Flower), Panthenol (pro vitamin. B5), Jojoba, Helichrysum italicum essential oil, Cacao absolute, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
WHAT IT'S FORMULATED WITHOUT: The "Mean 15", mineral oil, petroleum and petroleum by products, lanolin, talc, palm oil, synthetic colourants, synthetic fragrance, parabens, pthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, 100% aluminum-free, Sulfates SLS and SLES, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclocarban.
WHAT IT'S NOT IN: Another plastic bottle! Only the cap on this bottle is made from plastic, the rest is made from glass. Please consider cleaning and reusing this bottle before chucking it into the recycling bin.