A pillowy, cream that gently foams as it cleans, Kavana's Phyto-5 Purifying Cream Cleanser gently helps draw out impurities, excess oil and pollution from your skin, to assist in keeping your complexion looking vibrant and healthy. Skin may feel energized, refreshed and clean, without feeling dry.
Kavana's Phyto-5 Purifying Cream Cleanser is powered by Phyto 5, a healing blend of five plant oils including rosehip, calendula, comfrey, plantain and echinacea. It also includes:
- Yucca Vitamin C rich, this root tuber is full of natural saponins that bind to water and your makeup to help wash everything away. (source)
- Rose Hydrosol Perfectly pH balanced, this anti-inflammatory and anti oxidant rich rose petal extract, can help soothe sensitive skin. (source)
- Kaolin, Australian Rose and French Pink Clay can help to purify and tighten pores, may be an effective treatment for lesioned skin and mild acne vulgaris (source) and may promote an increase in the number of collagen fibres, which may account for its beneficial effects. (source)
- Shea Butter deeply nourishing, promotes collagen production and restores elasticity to the skin. Fair Trade Shea butter possess vitamins and potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and may help alleviate dry skin and help promote collagen and elastin production. (source),
- Moringa (Moringa Olifeira) seed oil from the seeds of the Moringa tree, is associated with healing properties demonstrated in its use as treatment of acute and chronic skin diseases. (source) It can help encourage and support cell turnover and has exhibited effectiveness as a treatment for skin diseases that rely on keratinocyte hyperproliferation in cases of acute inflammation. (source)
- Sweet Almond oil: A high concentration of Vitamin e (mixed tocopherols) contributes to sweet Almond oil's emollient and sclerosant properties and, has been used to improve complexion and skin tone.(source)
Available in 120mL size and convenient 30mL size, exclusively in our Kavana Skincare Essentials Travel Set.
SKIN TYPE: Dry, sensitive, combination, oily, acne-prone.
GLUTEN-FREE | NON-TOXIC |CRUELTY-FREE | VEGAN | NON-NANO | GMO FREE
Handmade in Toronto, Canada with non-toxic, premium ingredients.
Volume: Travel size mini: 50ml/ 1.floz Larger size: 120ml/ 4 fl. oz. This pillowy, cream cleanser is packaged in an elegant, refillable, frosted, acrylonitrile styrene bottle with a brushed, matte silver, aluminum cap and AS and aluminum pump top, so you can use just what you need and waste less.
How to Use
HOW TO USE: Apply 1-2 pumps into palm of hand or face brush, and gently massage into damp skin with a circular motion. Rinse off with water or a wet face cloth and pat dry. Follow with Kavana Rose Glow Mist and Kavana Phyto-5 Restorative Rose Nectar, Kavana Phyto-5 Face Cream and Kavana Phyto-5 Luminous Eye Cream.
For best results, use this creamy, purifying face wash as 'step-2' of a 'two step cleanse' ritual, to deep clean and unclog pores and decongest skin without drying. First remove makeup with Kavana Phyto-5 Calming Cleansing Milk, our gentle makeup remover and follow this with Kavana Phyto-5 Purifying Cream Cleanser for your deepest, cleanest, softest skin ever.
For topical use only. Keep out of reach of children.
Phyto-5 complexe anchors the healing comfort of this purifying cream cleanser.
1.Rosehip (Rosa canina) seed oil is rich in both polyphenols and anthocyanins, which may help reduce inflammation. (source) It also contains vitamin E, an antioxidant known for an anti-inflammatory effect that may help ease muscle and join pain. (source)
2.Plantain (Plantago major), in particular, plantain leaves, contain several anti-inflammatory compounds, including flavonoids, terpenoids, glycosides, and tannins, antioxidant, analgesic, immune-modulatory, anti-ulceration, and weak antibiotic activities, which may decrease several markers of inflammation.(source)
3.Comfrey (Symphytum officinale), was once commonly called "Knitbone" because of its amazing ability to heal broken bones and “knit” them back together again. The botanical name, 'Symphytum', means “to unite.” It been used as a traditional medicinal plant for the treatment of painful muscle and joints complaints for centuries. (source) It's analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, along with it's ability to stimulate granulation and tissue regeneration, are thanks to a cell proliferant compound called 'allantoin', which is found in the leaves and roots. (source) Rosmarinic acid and glycopeptides found in the roots have also been shown to possess anti-inflammatory activity, making comfrey an essential ingredient in this muscle balm. (source)
4. Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea). Derived from the Greek word for hedgehog 'echinos' because it's prickly scales and cone shaped seed head resemble a hedgehog, echinacea's anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties have been appreciated since ancient times. (source) Thanks to a multitude of acids (Chicoric, caffeic, chlorogenic and caftaric) and it's high anti-oxidant content and polyphenolic compounds, echinacea has been show to exhibit properties that may support joint health in the face of free radical-induced stressors. (source)
5. Calendula (Calendula officinalis) Anti-inflammatory and analgesi effects of calendula may be related to the content of flavonoids and tri-terpene derivatives found in it's flowers.(source) Extracts of this beautiful orange-yellow flower are often indicated as a classic, gentle muscle relief, for those frequently performing strenuous exercise.
Rosa Damascena Floral water distillate: Instantly refreshing and relaxing, rose water has been used for millenia around the world to restore comfort to red and irritated skin. Rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that play a key role in the synthesis of collagen and elastin, these nutrients also helps protect skin from oxidative stress, giving skin a youthful and healthy look. (source)
Rose water is an excellent choice for those suffering from acne, redness or weathered skin. The ultimate balancer, the pH of rose petals is nearly identical to that of human skin, so it is unlikely not cause imbalances or disturb the skin's protective acid mantle and pH levels (source)
Yucca schidigera: Yucca, an edible, medicinal plant native to Mexico, has been used across Meso and South America for centuries, for it's topical and internal, anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic functions. It contains several physiologically active phytochemicals, including steroidal saponins. Plant saponins, in their pure, unprocessed form, are plant extracted surfactants; molecules that foam in water and act as cleansers on the surface of the skin. Because they are soluble in water and oil, they may be considered an excellent natural cleansers, binding to both your makeup and the water, washing it away. (source)
Resveratrol, a powerful anti-oxidant with anti-bacterial properties, plays an important role in slowing skin aging, protecting it from environmental stressors like UVA/UVB exposure, acne forming bacteria and free-radicals. Resveratrol, present in yucca, has been shown to be 95% effective at preventing skin cell damage, compared to 65% for vitamin E and only 37% for Vitamin C, also found in Yucca. Collagen production is still encouraged by the high amount of vitamin C in yucca and Vitamin E rich sunflower and sweet almond oils in this formula, ensure the optimal softness and moisture of cleansed skin.(source)
Sweet Almond oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis): With it's high concentration of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids and zinc, this oil is anti-inflammatory, emollient, super softening and helps fight free-radicals that damage the skin. (source)
Sunflower seed oil (Helianthus Annus): Extremely high in Vitamin E, carotenoids (vitamin A precursors) and Vitamin D, as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids that may be helpful to the skin in getting rid of acne. Anti-oxidants that help neutralize free-radicals may help reduce visible signs of aging. Naturally emollient yet super-light in texture, this non-comedogenic, fast absorbing oil, may help improve skin's moisture and moisture retention capacities. (source)
Moringa olifeira seed oil: this oil from the seeds of the Moringa tree,is associated with healing properties demonstrated in its use as treatment of acute and chronic skin diseases. (source) It can help encourage and support cell turnover and has exhibited effectiveness as a treatment for skin diseases that rely on keratinocyte hyperproliferation in cases of acute inflammation. (source).
Shea butter (Botyrospermum parkii): Fair trade shea butter possess vitamins and potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties (source), and may help alleviate dry skin and help promote collagen and elastin production.
Aqua, Rose damascena flower water, Cocoamidopropryl betaine, Kaolinite, Sodium isethionate, Botyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet Almond) oil, Helianthus annuus seed oil, Calendula officinalis, Symphytum officinalis, Plantago major, Echinacea purpurea, Rosa canina, Emulsimulse (Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate), Cetyl alcohol NF, Geogard ECT (Natural Preservative:Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylc Acid, Glycerin & Sorbic acid), Moringa Olifeira Seed Oil, Yucca schidigera extract, vegetable glycerin, Tocopherols (Vit. E), Australian Rose Clay, French Pink Clay, certified pure, therapeutic grade essential oils of Citrus Aurantium dulcis (sweet orange) and bergaptene free Citrus Bergamia (bergamot).
WHAT IT'S FORMULATED WITHOUT: The 'Mean 15', petroleum and petroleum by products, lanolin, talc, palm oil, synthetic colourants, synthetic fragrance, parabens, pthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, 100% aluminum-free, sulfates SLS and SLES, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclocarban.