Developing the kind of 'face forest' that gets noticed, feels soft, never greasy, frizzy or dry but tamed and healthy looking 24/7, is possible with Kavana's Deep Conditioning Hemp & Jojoba Beard oil.
This vegan, non-toxic, all-natural beard oil may help strengthen your beard's hair follicles and may help support the prevention of hair loss.
Forest bathe in the fortifying scents of cedar wood, cedar leaf and myrrh resin, that are known to exhibit anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
This beard oil is plant powered by:
- Phyto-5 Kavana's signature Phyto-5 blend of calendula,comfrey, echinacea, plantain and rosehip seed oil, macerated in Sunflower oil.
- Nigella, this superstar hair oil, has antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties (source)
- Jojoba, a vitamin rich wax ester from the seeds of the jojoba bush, it has antibacterial, wound healing and non-comodogenic properties, helps control oil (sebum) production and acne, and has been shown to be nourishing for beard hair and skin. (source 1, source 2)
- Olive oil's anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties (source 1, source 2) may be helpful with reducing itchy beard, preventing patchiness, and hair styling.
- Avocado Oil one of the best purported oils for beard growth, this vitamin rich oil (Vitamins A, C, E and D) is known as an excellent source of enrichment for dry, damaged or chapped skin (source), which may help make skin under the beard and beard hair, look and feel softer and more manageable. Loaded with anti-oxidants, it is known to be an excellent, fast absorbing source of moisture for the skin and may also help boost collagen in the skin. (source)
- Apricot oil a nut-free alternative to Almond oil, Apricot seed oil has shown anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties (source) which may help relieve itchy skin under the beard hair, may help prevent beard dandruff (a.k.a 'beardruff') and may help heal brittle, coarse or dry hair strands. It has been shown to leave hair shiny and soft, nourishing from the root which may also help keep dry skin and beard hair feeling moisturized.
- Hemp oil abundant in fatty acids, including linoleic, a-linoleic (omega-3) and oleic acid (source), which may help prevent dry skin under the beard.
- Carrot Root contains high levels of vitamin A, E and beta carotene, which are essential nutrients for hair health and hair growth. (source1, source 2, source 3) This oil may help prevent breakage while deeply conditioning the hair.
- Myrrh in Jojoba 3%, cedarwood and cedarleaf have been known to exhibit anti-bacterial properties and add a refreshing, deep forest scent to Kavana's Conditioning Beard Oil.
SKIN / HAIR TYPE: All skin and hair types.
GLUTEN-FREE | NON-TOXIC | CRUELTY-FREE | VEGAN | NON-NANO | GMO FREE
Handmade in Toronto, Canada with non-toxic, premium ingredients. Help minimize plastic pollution by choosing Kavana's elegant, easily cleaned and reusable/ recyclable frosted glass option.
Volume: 30ml/ 1floz.
Packaged in a refillable, clear, frosted glass bottle with a silver, pump top and elegant glass dropper, so you can use just what you need and waste less.
How to Use
HOW TO USE: Apply two pumps worth of oil (not more!), first emulsifying and warming it in hands before massaging it into beard and mustache area, in downward motions. Brush through hairs with a boar bristle brush, always combing downwards, to help smooth beard and remove scraggly hairs. Apply any remaining oil through eyebrows, and hair on scalp, for added shine and style.
*except rosehip seed oil from Chile.
Avocado oil (Persea americana): A hair-loving oil that is packed with oleic acids and omegas 3, 6 and 9, Avocado seed oil one of the few oils that may have the ability to actually penetrate the hair shaft and moisturize hair, rather than sitting on top of it and coating it (source).
These monounsaturated fats may also help prevent breakage, may help strengthen the hair shaft, may support natural conditioning and make beard hair appear healthier and shinier. Since Avocado oil is also rich in Vitamin D which may be crucial for the regeneration of new hair follicles, it is best to use this Conditioning Beard Oil daily on the beard, to promote hair growth.
EVOO (Olea Europaea): Extra Virgin Olive oil is extra-rich in Vitamin E, which can help make hair soft and less itchy, may promote growth by penetrating the hair follicle, thus possibly prevent beard patchiness. (source)
Apricot oil (Persea Armeniaca): Rich in vitamin A, E and oleic acid, apricot kernel oil may help retain moisture in hair (source), soothing and hydrating while it may promote the health of beard follicles. Apricot oil may strengthen weak beard strands, and give the appearance of shinier and softer hair, without making your beard appear or feel greasy.
Hemp seed oil (Cannabis Sativa): An oil with a high chlorophyll content, which is rich in vitamins B, D, & E, and calcium, and potassium, which are key for healthy hair growth (source), give this hair-loving oil it's characteristic green colour.
Hemp oil is keratynolitic, facilitating the formation of keratin- a protein which forms the main structural components of hair and nails. It is also rich in ceramides, waxy lipid (fat) molecules (source). In hair, ceramides help prevent excess moisture from leaving the cells, which may help prevent dryness and irritation in the skin under the beard (source).
Nigella seed oil (Nigella Sativa): Nigella seed oil (variously called/ known as 'black cumin seed oil' and 'black seed oil') is rich in short-chain fatty acids (source), which may allow penetration into the root of the hair, which may in turn lead to hair growth. Repeated application of Nigella seed oil may assist in halting hair loss and may give new life to dry, damaged, dull and unmanageable hair.
Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis): Rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish hair including Vit B and E, Copper and Zinc, and composed of 97% mono unsaturated fatty acids and 3% acids and natural alcohols, it’s nutrient rich structure may help to moisturize and condition hair by penetrating it’s outer layer without disrupting the pH of your skin. (source)
Carrot Root (Daucus carota) macerated carrot root in sunflower oil gives this bright orange oil it's colour. Loaded with Beta Carotene, a precursor to vitamin A (source), which can help strengthen weak hair and promote healthy skin, carrot oil can help eliminate breakage and prevent dryness, nourishing and conditioning hair deeply.
Certified pure, therapeutic grade essential oils including cedarleaf, cedarwood and myrrh. Used in hair, the astringent properties of myrrh oil (source) strengthens the roots and may help reduce or prevent hair loss. Antiseptic cedarwood and cedarleaf essential oils (source), may be helpful in wound healing from cuts during beard trimming and may also help stimulate circulation and moisturize skin under the beard.
Phyto-5 complexe is a blend of extracts from five, healing plants that have been used for millennia to help heal, protect and restore the skin. Wildcrafted in Ontario, Canada*, these plants benefit the skin most by acting in concert to reduce trans-epidermal water loss, boost collagen, calm inflammation and deeply nourish the skin.
*With the exception of rosehip seed oil from Chile.
Ingredients: Helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, Calendula officinalis, Plantago major, Symphytum officinale, Echinacea purpurea, Rosa canina seed oil, Persea americana (avocado) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) oil, Persea armeniaca (apricot) seed oil, Nigella sativa, Cannabis sativa seed oil, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba), Althaea officinale (marshmallow root), Daucus carota (carrot root)**, Tocopherols (Vit. E), certified pure, therapeutic grade essential oils. **Organic, non-GMO, local, Ontario Carrots!
WHAT IT'S FORMULATED WITHOUT: "The mean 15', mineral oil, petroleum and petroleum by products, lanolin, talc, synthetic colourants, coconut oil, almond oil, palm oil, synthetic fragrance, parabens, pthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, 100% aluminum-free sulfates SLS and SLES, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclocarban.
WHAT IT'S NOT PACKAGED IN: Another plastic bottle. Nearly 100% plastic packaging free, you can reduce, recycle or re-use this elegant, frosted glass bottle and dropper.