Kavana's talc-free, unscented, vegan, translucent loose powder is the perfect finish for any look. From barely there, 'no-makeup-makeup' to red-carpet and bridal beauty, this finely milled, powerhouse powder is perfect!
Wear it alone for hot and humid days and as a setting powder over foundation, or for on-set touch-ups.
Non-toxic, all natural, non-GMO, plant based, it can help skin look better in the short and long term. It mattifies, removing excess oil in the short term and may improve skin texture, condition skin, reduce oiliness, and bring a natural glow to the complexio.
- Arrowroot powder: Natural talc substitute; may relieve skin irritation, acne and skin sores.
- Bentonite Clay: May help remove sebum from the skin's surface
- Kaolin Clay: May absorb excess oil and impurities and feel smoothing.
- Rice Powder: May help absorb oil, control shine and minimize the appearance of pores.
- Magnesium Stearate (*Vegan): All natural, non-toxic, anti-caking agent.
SKIN TYPE(S): Combination, oily, acne prone skin.
GLUTEN-FREE | NON-TOXIC I CRUELTY-FREE | VEGAN | NON-NANO | GMO FREE | PLASTIC PACKAGING-FREE
Handmade in Toronto, Canada with non-toxic, all-natural, premium quality ingredients. Packaged in a refillable, recyclable plastic sifter jar.
- Arrowroot powder : Used as an all natural talc/ talcum powder substitute, arrowroot powder is extracted from the roots of the tropical arrowroot (Maranta arundinacea) tuber. Arrowroot contains many beneficial minerals and vitamins, including: zinc,iron, potassium and Vitamin B6. It is known to exhibit relief giving properties for irritated skin, such as rashes, acne and skin sores. It is conidered gentle enough for babies and those with very sensitive skin.
- Bentonite Clay: Bentonite clay’s adsorbent power may be helpful in treating acne breakouts and oily skin. The clay may help remove sebum, or oil, from the skin’s surface, and it may also have a calming effect on inflamed breakouts.
- Kaolin Clay: The mildest and most gentle clay used in skincare, Kaolin clay (Kaolinite, aka White China Clay), may help absorb excess sebum/ oil, smooth the skin and may help prevent acne, hyperpigmentation and with the management dry skin.
- Rice powder: Rich in antioxidants, AHA's-ferulic and phytic acid, which may help protect against UVA. These are usually found in the rice bran, which is extracted from the rice husk, leaving starchy powder behind once all the protein and fat is removed. The powder may help absorb oil, control shine and minimize the appearance of pores on the facial skin when applied to it.
- Magnesium Stearate: Magnesium stearate is the magnesium salt of the fatty acid, stearic acid. It is a salt that forms when stearate molecules bond with a magnesium ion. Stearate comes from stearic acid, a long-chain saturated fat which can be derived from animal sources (beef, salmon, chicken..) or plant /vegetable based sources of stearic acid (coconut, palm and vegetable oils). Magnesium stearate is produced by the reaction of sodium stearate with magnesium salts or by treating magnesium oxide with stearic acid. It can act as a bulking agent and an anti-caking agent. Kavana only uses vegetable derived sources of magnesium stearate.
How to use
Open the jar, remove the plastic film over the sifter holes. Shake some powder into the cap and apply with a vegan powder brush using one side of the brush to apply and the other side with no powder, to blend. Blending over the T-Zone (center of the forehead, down the nose, over the mouth and over the chin) and any other areas that may feel better mattified, is recommended.
Arrowroot (Marunta arundinacea) powder, Bentonite Clay, Kaolin Clay, Rice (oryza sativa) powder, Magnesium Stearate.
WHAT IT'S FORMULATED WITHOUT: The 'Mean 15', petroleum and petroleum by products, lanolin, talc, synthetic colourants, palm oil, synthetic fragrance, parabens, pthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, 100% aluminum-free, sulfates SLS and SLES, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclocarban.